Honey Bee Stamps – Lilies for a birthday
Hi guys! Today I am sharing a card using the Lovely layers easter lily dies from Honey bee stamps. I fell in love with their flower dies that you can stack up together after watching Amy (prairie paper and ink) using them on her youtube channel. She uses a lot of die cut pieces and distress oxides and I wanted to try this technique today. It was a LOT of fun making this card, and I will make more of them in the future, playing with inks and being carefree with the results is really fun.
For this card, I started by die cutting all of the pieces of the de die set twice with canson XL watercolor paper. It is a good paper for this kind of technique and not pricey. After that, I smooshed my distress ink pads on my Waffle flower media mat, added a bit of water with my distress sprayer and dabbed my die cuts on my mat. I wanted to keep some pieces with white, and I wanted my pieces on the back to have a more vibrant color.
For the colors of the lilies, I used distress oxide scattered straw and mustard seed. I added some splatter with ground espresso distress oxide.
For the leaves, I used distress oxide twisted citron and rustic wilderness. And for the other type of leaves, I used cracked pistachio and lucky clover distress oxide.
For the background, I decided to try to do a little bit of mixed media. I picked up the stencil “lignes” from lime citron, and used ranger texture paste on it. Since I did not want my paste to be white, I added specked egg embossing glaze to it, just to add some blue effect on it. I waited a bit so my texture paste could dry a little, and then heat set the embossing glaze with my heat tool.
After that, I sprayed with my distress oxide sprays the background. I used tumbled glass and mermaid lagoon. I did it freely, just to add blue to all my background.
Finally, I cut a white cardstock with a nesting rectangle die from Hero Arts. I used the lumber 3d embossing folder to add wood texture on my frame. It is my favorite embossing folder, I always love the results. Here, I used some distress inks, but I didn’t write the colours I used.
I finally glued everything on a A2 card base (5 1/2 by 4 1/4). I added foam tape on all the layers of the lilies, because I love dimension. I finished my card by adding some white line with my gelly roll pen, some pearl embellishment and a white embossed sentiment.
It was so much fun to make this card and use a lot of the products I have in my stash. I encourage you to try and mix different products and color, it is always a fun time.
Hope you liked my project ! Thank you for visiting me !